We are pleased to announce that the 2018 Yarmouth Clam Festival parade theme is Totally 80’s.
The 2018 Yarmouth Clam Festival Parade Application and Antique Auto Application (coming soon) are now available for download on the Applications page. The deadline to submit your completed application is June 29, 2018.
The 2018 Clam Festival Craft Show application is now available for download below and on the Applications page. This year’s show will feature over 140 crafters and artisans displaying some of our best local crafters in addition to those that come from away to make this one of the best shows of the summer. If you’d like to participate the deadline for entries is March 2nd.
Download the 2018 Craft Show Application
We are pleased to announce that for the second consecutive year Léa Peterson will be the Clam Festival’s featured artist!
These beautiful posters will be for sale during the festival and will soon be available for purchase on our online store.
Learn more about Léa at her website.
Clammers work year-round to harvest the flats, even in Maine. This past winter, I trekked out into Sagadahoc Bay with Chad Campbell from Georgetown, who supports his family primarily by clamming. I was struck by this colorful view of Chad rinsing his harvest before hauling the day’s catch away in his cart. His reflections in the pools and eddies lent even more drama to his image and inspired a portfolio of 8 new clammer paintings in 2017.
Wednesday & Thursday (July 19 & 20)
- 6:00pm-10:30pm (School Street)
Friday (July 21)
- 5:30pm – 7:30pm (Main, West Elm, Portland, & McCarthy Street)
- 12:00pm – 11:30pm (School Street)
Saturday (July 22)
KID’S FUN RUN and PAT’S PIZZA 5 MILE CLASSIC
- 6:30am – 9:00am (Main, East Elm, & Bridge Street)
FIRE FIGHTER’S MUSTER
- 12:30pm – 3:30pm (Main between York and School Street)
- 8:30pm-9:45pm (Main between York & School Street)
Sunday (July 23)
- 8:30am – 1:00pm (Main Street is closed; No traffic is allowed down East Elm Street from Main Street. The rest of the race course is limited to direction of travel of race)